A Nerdtastic Reading Ladder

c584e4848c0b33a7fca549e9da716322

What do I like to read?

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!!!!!!

…Okay, maybe that’s a lie. But I do like most genres. The only thing I’m not too crazy about is sci-fi. I really love dystopian, though, and yes I know that’s technically sci-fi. But, like,  I mean the type of sci-fi with spaceships and alien invasions and all that crap. And I also don’t like reading any sort of news article; they bore me to death. BLAHHHH. Everything else is great for the most part, though.

I think the pieces I read often deserve recognition (especially because I have come across quite a few gems this past year or so.) Thus, I have taken the initiative to create a record of the things I read by creating reading ladders.

…I also took this initiative because it’s part of my grade for creative writing to have a reading ladder up on my blog…hehe…

Also be prepared to see lots of poetry on my reading ladders. Yes, I realize I have a concerning obsession with poetry, and sometimes that is literally all I read. Sometimes I even cuddle my poetry anthologies and watch as my tears dramatically fall onto their pages. Like, I even keep them next to me while I sleep. You think this is a joke, don’t you? I’m serious, though… Like, I need help.

But in all seriousness, I think these reading ladders are definitely reflective of my reading identity. You’ll, without a doubt, notice my passion for poetry, but also my passion for a wide variety of genres, especially pieces dealing with darker themes. I convey my love of words through writing, but also through what I choose to read. And of course, every great writer needs to be an avid reader.

Never stop reading,

The Girl With the Purple Soul

Source:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c5/84/e4/c584e4848c0b33a7fca549e9da716322.jpg